Biography of Dipendra Prasad
Name: Dipendra Prasad
Date of Birth : 22 March 1960 Age 59
Location : India
Dipendra Prasad was born on 22 March 1960 in India. Prasad received his bachelor’s degree from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai in 1978 before going on to pursue his Masters from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Which he completed in 1980.
From 1980-1985, Prasad worked as a research scholar. He completed his PHU at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai TIFR 1989 under the supervision of Harvard-Benédict Gross. His two brothers, Gopal Prasad and Shravan Kumar, are also mathematicians.
Dipendra is an Indian mathematician. He is Professor of Mathematics at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. He is an institutional theorist. Who is known for his work in the fields of self-motivated representation and Ganprasad promotion. From 1989-1997, Prasad was a Research Assistant Fellow and then Reader at TI FR Mumbai.
He was a member of Prasad Institute for Evans Study from 1992-1993. He was an Associate Professor and then Full Professor at Prasad Harish Chandra Research Institute in Allahabad from 1994 to 2004. He was Professor at PRASAD TIFR Mumbai from 2004-2019. In 2019, Prasad moved to the Indian Institute of Industrial Sciences, Bombay.
Awards and honors :
- The Government of India honored him with the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in Mathematical Sciences for 2002.
- He holds the JC Bose Fellowship awarded by the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi.
- He is also the recipient of Swarna Jayanti Fellowship in 1999.
- In 2019, he was honored with TWAS Award.
- Invited speaker at ICM 2018.
- Jean Morlet Chair, Center Internationale de Recontres Mathmatica 2016|
- Fellow, Indian National Science Academy 2003.
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences 1995.