Biography of Meenakshi Gopinath
Name: Meenakshi Gopinath
Born : 1949
Location : India
Spouse: Rajeev Mehrotra
Occupation: Academician Principal, Writer
Early life :
Meenakshi Gopinath is an Indian academic, political scientist writer and former principal of Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi. She is the founder and incumbent director of Women in Security Conflicta Management and Peace (WSCOMP), an NGO promoting peace and social leadership among women in South Asia. Gopinath is married to Rajiv Mehrotra. Meenakshi’s husband is a well-known writer and film television personality.
Meenakshi Gopinath was born in India in the year 1949. Meenakshi has done her graduation from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi. He has done BA Honors in Political Science. He holds a Master’s degree from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. After that she returned to India for a doctoral degree from Delhi University. He has also done doctoral research at Georgetown University.
Meenakshi Jain has worked as a faculty member in Jawaharlal Nehru University at the beginning of her career. She has also worked as the head of the institution in the Lady Shri Ram College for Women in 1988. During this time he brought many changes in the organization. As new courses such as conflict resolution lessons are added. He has also established a peacekeeping center in the college.
This was the first such initiative in India at the graduation level. In 1999, he founded WISXOMP, a track in South Asia with conflict, management and peace. The work of promoting women’s movement is done by it.
In 2004, Meenakshi was appointed by the Government of India as a member of the National Security Advisory Board (JSB). Po worked in NSB for four years. Meenakshi has been a member of the Governing Council of Brandeis University co-existence International. Meenakshi is also a member of the International Steering Committee of Global Action for the Prevention of Warfare, USA.
Awards and Honors:
- Meenakshi has been awarded the Paghashree Award by the Government of India in 2007.
- In 2007 itself, he received the Kimpro Platinum Standard Award for excellence in education.
- In 2008, she has been awarded the Celebrating Womanhood South Asian Ranjan Manyata.
- He has also received the Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Education.
- Meenakshi has also been honored with Mahila Shiromani Award and Delhi Nagrik Manch Award.
- Meenakshi published the book Pakistan in Transition Political Development and Rise to Power of Pakistan People’s Party in 1975.
- In 2003, he published the book Conficta Resolution Trades and Prospectus along with Sumona Dasgupta and Nandita Surendran.