Biography of Susan Vishwanathan
Name: Susan Viswanathan
Date of Birth: 1957
Location : Delhi
Occupation: Sociologist, Social Anthropologist, Fiction Writer
early life :
Susan Viswanathan was born in 1957. He was born in Delhi. He has obtained his PhD from Delhi University. And have completed M Phil in Delhi University in the same college. MA is a degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University. Susan has completed her PhD under the supervision of eminent sociologist and social anthropologist Veena Das.
She also writes novels during the winter and summer break from the university. Expands sociological and ideological concerns into the more intense gamut of literary fiction, including short stories and novels. Susajan Viswanathan has studied at Delhi University and Jawaharlal Nehru University.
Susan Viswanathan started her career as Senior Lecturer in Sociology, Hindu College, Delhi University in 1983. Susan is an Indian sociologist, social anthropologist and a fiction writer. She is known for her writings on the sociology of a religion. Viswanathan is Sociology and former President of the Center for the Study of Social Systems at Jawaharlal Nehru University. She teaches sociology of religion, historical anthropology, classical social theory, and gender teaching.
Susan was the Chairperson of the Center for the Study of Social Systems, School of Social Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University from 2010 to 2012. She was a Charles Bales Fellow in Social Anthropology at Kiss University Belfasta in 1997. She has been a visiting professor at the Maison des Sciences de l’Homsa Paris 2004 University 2011. Susan was a Research Excellence Fellow at Central European University CE U Budapesta 2018:2019.
- History Beliefs and Rituals among the Insai Yakubs of Kerala Reprinted 7th time in paperbunk form from OUP in Oxford University Press 1993:2010.
- Missionary Styles and the Problem of Dialogue Indian Institute of Advanced Learning Shimla 1993.
- The Ethnography of Mysticism The Journeys of a French Mock in India.
- Structure and Change Theory and Society in India.
- Dialogue in Friendship, Intimacy and Mysticism Essay, Orient Longman 2007.
- Nature of Children the Life and Legacy of Rama Maharishi.
- Reading Marks Bamber and Durkheim Today.
- Culture and Society.
- Art politics as a symbol and religion a reader for humanities and design.
- Structure Innovation and Optimization Concept and empirical puzzles A postmodern mill.
- Mushkil Kuch Yaad Aaya Flamingo 2000 and Roli India Inc 2000.
- Visiting Moon Roli IndiaInc 2002 |
- Phascorus and Stonen Peguin and Tongue 2007.
- The Scene at Noon Rowley IndiaInc 2007|
- NEHCINDA Aur Anya Kahaniyan Roli Kitaboo 2012|
- Adi Shankaracharya and Bhavya Kahaniya Papirsa Scroll 2017|
Selected Articles Journals:
- Reconstruction of the past among Syrian Christians of Kerala, Contribution to Indian Sociology July 1986.
- Marriage Birth and Death Property Rights and Domestic Relations of Orthodox Jacobite Syrian Christians of Kerala Economic and Political Weekly Vol. 17 June 1989.
- Women and sex from adoption to androgyny, Economic and Political Weekly Vol. 1996.
- Consistency of Originality British Colonialism and Mission in India in the 19th Century Chapters in History 2000.
- Medieval Music and Shakespeare’s Sonitas Think India Worldwide 2009.
- Viswanathan, Suzanne Hannah Arendt and the Problem of Our Age.
Selected Articles Edited Books:
- Interpretation of the City Structure and Change Theory and Society in India Edited by Susan Viswanathan New Delhi Oxford University Press 2001.
- Eucharista India’s Religion Perspective from Sociology and History in Syrian Christian Church Edited by TN Madan New Delhi Oxford University Press 2004.
- Malvika Karlekar New Delhi Recommended Childhood Essays in Honor of Andre Betel Factors of the Caterers, edited by Oxford University Press.