- Odisha is a temple state. Temples here are mostly built in the ancient Qing architectural style.
Konark Sun Temple is one of them.
- Odisha is world famous as the first and only temple dedicated to Sun.
- This temple was built in 1250 AD by King Langula Narsingh Dev of Gangsulhi.
- The corner Sun Temple is also called Krishna Pagoda.
- The size of this temple is almost like the chariot of Sun.
- Twenty four wheels have been carved in the temple like this chariot. Which is a symbol of 24 hours.
- In addition to this, it is also equipped to pull a seven-horse chariot. Which is a symbol of the weekend.
- The temple is 229 feet high and its main hall is 128 feet high.
- Twelve hundred laborers worked continuously for 12 years to build this temple.
- ଓଡିଶା ହେଉଛି ମନ୍ଦିର ମାଳିନୀ ରାଜ୍ୟ. ଏଠାରେ ପ୍ରାୟତଃ ପ୍ରାଚୀନ କଳିଙ୍ଗ ଭାସ୍କର୍ଯ୍ୟ ଶୈଳୀରେ ମନ୍ଦିର ଗୁଡିକ ନିର୍ମିତ.
- ତନ୍ମଧ୍ୟରେରୁ କୋଣାର୍କ ସୂର୍ଯ୍ୟ ମନ୍ଦିର ଅନ୍ୟତମ.
- ଓଡିଶାର ପ୍ରଥମ ତଥା ଏକ ମାତ୍ର ସୂର୍ଯ୍ୟଙ୍କୁ ସମର୍ପିତ ମନ୍ଦିର ରୂପେ ବିଶ୍ବ ପ୍ରସିଦ୍ଧ.
- ଏହି ମନ୍ଦିରକୁ ୧୨୫୦ ଖ୍ରୀଷ୍ଟାବ୍ଦରେ ଗଙ୍ଗବଂଶୀ ରାଜା ଲାଙ୍ଗୁଳା ନରସିଂହ ଦେବ ନିର୍ମାଣ କରାଇ ଥିଲେ.
- କୋଣାର୍କର ସୂର୍ଯ୍ୟ ମନ୍ଦିରକୁ କୃଷ୍ଣ ପାଗୋଡା ମଧ୍ୟ କୁହାଯାଏ.
- ଏହି ମନ୍ଦିରର ଆକାର ପ୍ରାୟ ସୂର୍ଯ୍ୟଙ୍କ ରଥ ପରି ଅଟେ.
- ଏହି ରଥ ସଦୃଶ ମନ୍ଦିରରେ ଚବିଶଟି ଚକ ଖଞ୍ଜା ଯାଇଛି. ଯାହାକି ୨୪ ଘଣ୍ଟାର ପ୍ରତୀକ.
- ଏହା ସହିତ ଏଥିରେ ସାତଟି ଘୋଡା ରଥକୁ ଟାଣିବା ପାଇଁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଖଞ୍ଜା ଯାଇଛି. ଯାହାକି ସପ୍ତାହକ ସତ ଦିନର ପ୍ରତୀକ.
- ଗର୍ଭଗୃହଯୁକ୍ତ ଏହି ମନ୍ଦିରଟି ୨୨୯ ଫୁଟ ଉଚ୍ଚ ଓ ଏହାର ମୁଖଶାଳା ୧୨୮ ଫୁଟ ବିଶିଷ୍ଟ ଉଚ୍ଚ ଅଟେ ।
- ଏହି ମନ୍ଦିରକୁ ନିର୍ମାଣ କରିବା ପାଇଁ ବାରଶହ ବଢ଼େଇ ୧୨ ବର୍ଷ ଧରି ଅନବରତ କାର୍ଯ୍ୟରତ ଥିଲେ.
1) The Sun Temple is located in Konark city of Odisha state.
2) Due to the Sun Temple being built in the city of Konark, it is also called the Konark Temple.
3) Konark is formed by the combination of the words ‘Kon’ and Arka.
4) The Sun Temple is made of red colored and black granite stones.
5) The Sun Temple was built by Nrisimhadeva.
6) The twelve wheels of the temple represent the twelve months of the year.
7) The Sun God in this temple was called Biranchi Narayan.
8) The Sun Temple is built in three pavilions.
9) There are three idols of the Sun God in the Sun Temple.
10) The Sun Temple is one of the best memorial sites in India.
- Konark Sun Temple is located in the state of Orissa in India.
- Konark temple was built between 1253 to 1260 AD.
- It is one of the few Sun Temples in India.
- This temple is one of the most famous places in India.
- It was built by King Narasimhadeva-I of Orissa in the 13th century.
- It is believed that it was built by Samba, the son of Lord Krishna.
- Presently no idol is sitting in this temple.
- The word Konark is derived from a combination of the words ‘Kon’ and ‘Arka’.
- Konark is also known as Arka-kshetra or Padma-kshetra.
- In this temple, the Sun God is shown sitting on a chariot.
- This chariot with 12 pairs of wheels is pulled by seven horses.
- These 12 pairs of wheels represent the twelve months of the year.
- The seven horses of the chariot represent the seven days of the week.
- This temple was included in the UNESCO World Heritage.
- It is made of black granite and red sandstone.
- To the south-east of the temple is a shrine dedicated to Maya Devi, the wife of the Sun God.