Maithili sharan gupt biography
Name: Maithili Sharan Gupta
Born: 3 August 1886
Location: Chirgaon, North Western Province, India
Father: Ramcharan Gupta
Occupation: Poet, Politician, Playwright, Translator
early life :
Maithili Sharan Gupta is known as an important poet among Indian modern Hindi poets. He was born on 3 August 1886 in Chirgaon, Jhansi. His father’s name was Ramcharan Gupta and mother’s name was Kashibai Gupta. In childhood, Maithili did not like school education.
That’s why his parents had arranged for his education at home. He has studied Sanskrit, English and Bengali in his childhood. His guru at that time was Mahavir Prasad. He completed his education from McDonnell High School.
He was married to Kashibai in 1895. His son’s name is Urmil Charan Gupta. And Sitaramsharan Gupta is one of his relatives. Maithili Sharan has also been the teacher of Gupt Divan Shatrudhna Singh. Maithili Sharan Gupta died on 12 December 1964 in India.
In the early days, Maithili has written poems in various magazines including Saraswati in literature. In the year 1910, his first major work Rang Me Bhang was published by the Indian Press. Many nationalist poems like Bharat Bharati became popular among Indians.
Most of his poems revolve around the Ramayana, Mahabharata, Buddhist stories and the plots of life of famous religious leaders. After India’s independence, he served as an honorary member of the Rajya Sabha till his death.
- Maithili was awarded the Paghbhushan, the third highest
- civilian honor of India in 1854 for his literary contribution.
- 2) During the freedom struggle of India, he was given the title
- of Rashtrakavi by Mahatma Gandhi.
- Maithili Sharan Gupta Granthavali is published in many parts.
- Panchavati is also written by Maithili in the year 2015.
- In the year 1949, he published Yashodhara Book.